The Department of English was established in 1973.It has been catering to the needs of teaching English Language and Literature to B.A. & B.C.A. promoting interest and creativity in acquiring language and literary skills. The department is run by three vibrant faculty members with innovative minds who aim at enabling the students to realize that the lessons in the texts are also the lessons of life. The lecturers strive to equip the students with life skills and language proficiency to excel in any field they choose.
- To impart quality education to rural and economically weaker students .
- To enhance the communication skills of the students for global competency.
- To give the students a firm grounding in communication practice.
- To use the literary content of the text in refining their senses and sensibilities.
- To make the students competent in the Basics of English Language and Grammar.
- To enhance their English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.